A bio-ethanol fireplace (also called a bio fireplace or ethanol fire) can be used as a secondary heat source in a property, or outdoors for decorative purposes, which uses a bio fuel source to generate heat. There is a real flame associated with the heat that is generated, and this means that special safety conditions need to be observed when using this style of fireplace.
Bio-ethanol Fuel Explained
The bioethanol fuel is denatured alcohol, similar to the type of alcohol in alcoholic drinks but with a very high concentration, approximately 96%. The alcohol has an additive mixed in to make it bad-tasting or nauseating to discourage recreational consumption.
The main advantages of this style of fireplace is that it can be used in a room without a chimney making it suitable for modern properties or old properties where the chimney cannot be used.
The main part of any bio-ethanol fireplace is the bioethanol burner that is used to store and burn the fuel. Some bio-burners can be used with either bioethanol fuel or gel fuel. These fuels are very different in how they look, perform and are used. Read our guide to the different types of bio-fuels. Due to the fuel being highly flammable the handling and storage of bioethanol fuel is very important safety factor and must be approached with care.
Bio-ethanol Burner Explained
There are many styles, shapes and sizes of bio-ethanol burner, here we will just give a summary of the main functions of the burner. read our full guide to choosing a bio-ethanol burner for more in-depth information. The simplest form of bio-ethanol burner is a round can with a lid.
The can is filled with fuel, lit by a match and the fuel will burn with a flame. To snuff out the flame the lid is simply placed over the top starving the burner of oxygen and putting the flame out. In fact, there are many bio-ethanol fireplaces on the market that have a very simple burner like that.
Most contemporary bio-ethanol fireplaces that will be used in a home have a rectangular burner box with a slot that produces a ribbon of flame.
Operation of the Bioethanol Burner
First, read the instructions supplied with the bioethanol fire and understand what the manufacturer says about the safe operation of their particular fire. Here I will explain generally what is involved. The fuel is typically stored in 1 litre bottles. To operate the burner the fuel must be safely placed into the burner taking care not to overfill or spill any of the fuel.
Using a funnel to transfer from bottle to the burner is a good idea. Once the fuel is within the burner, using the flame from a long match or lighter, standing at a safe distance, touch the top of the fuel and it will ignite the fuel in the burner. Typically, it can take a few minutes for the fuel to generate a nice flame.
Depending on the burner design, there will be some form of lid that is used to snuff out the flame. This can be a separate lid or sometimes a sliding lid that must be operated using a handle supplied with the fire. The lid should extinguish the flame quickly if it has been designed correctly. If there are issues extinguishing the flame it is best to allow the fuel to burn out then do not use the burner until the manufacturer has been contacted regarding the fault.
Important Points to Consider
Ventilation : The fuel, when burned gives off moisture, the amount depends on the size of burner and how long it is alight. Therefore to avoid condensation fresh air is required, this can be in the form of a fixed air vent or by simply opening a window. Read our Guide to Ventilation for Bio-Ethanol Fireplaces.
Safety : The fuel is flammable and the flame can cause serious injury if safety is not respected. Make sure you read the manufacturers instructions on installing and using the bio ethanol fire.
Buy Bio-Ethanol Fireplaces
Below we have selected a number of Bio-Ethanol Fireplaces for you to consider. Click on the Buy Now button to be taken to a page where you can read the full technical specification, check the delivery costs and p[lace your order.
Special Offers on Bio-Ethanol Fireplaces
Click Here for the Latest Special Offers of Bio-ethanol Fireplaces
Suppliers of Bio-Ethanol Fireplace
- Aflamo Bioethanol Fireplaces Poland
- B2C Bio Ethanol Fireplaces
- Bio-Blaze Bio-Ethanol Fireplaces
- Bio-Fires Bio Ethanol Fireplaces
- Campo24 Bio Ethanol Fireplaces
- Casa Padrino Bio-Ethanol Fireplaces
- Deka Interieurbouw Bio Ethanol Fireplaces
- DRULINE Bio Ethanol Fireplaces
- Ignis Products Bio Ethanol Fireplaces
- Imagin Fires – Bioethanol Fireplaces
- InterWorld 24 Bio Ethanol Fireplaces
- ItalPol Produkt Bio Ethanol Fireplaces
- Kaminbau Mierzwa – Bio Ethanol Fireplaces
- Kratki Bio Ethanol Fireplaces
- Muenkel Design – Bio Ethanol Fireplaces
- oneConcept Bio Ethanol Fireplaces
- Planika – Bioethanol Fireplaces
- Purline Bio-Ethanol Fireplaces
- Regal Flame – Bio Ethanol Fireplaces
- Retailers of Bioethanol Fireplaces and Gel Fires
- Tristar Bio Ethanol Fireplaces
More Bio-Ethanol Fireplace Technical Pages
- Bio-Ethanol Fireplace Explained, Operation and Use
- Bio-Ethanol Fireplace Fuel Explained
- Choosing a Freestanding Bio-Ethanol Fireplace
- Converting a Traditional Fireplace to Bioethanol Fuel
- Gel Burners and Gel Fuel Cans – Buying Guide
- Guide to Adding Pebbles to a Bio-ethanol Fireplace
- Guide to Bioethanol Fireplace Running Costs
- Guide to Buying a Table Top Bio-ethanol Fire
- Guide to Buying an Outdoor Bio-ethanol Fireplace
- Guide to Ceramic Sponge Wool Use in Bioethanol Burners
- Guide to Choosing a Bio-Ethanol Burner
- Guide to Choosing a Bio-Ethanol Fireplace
- Guide to Installing Wall Mounted Bio-Ethanol Fireplaces
- Ventilation for Bioethanol Fireplaces and Gel Burners
More Styles of Bio-Ethanol Fireplace
- Bio-Ethanol Burner Trays, Firebox Inserts
- Bio-Ethanol Fire Grate Burner Designs
- Bio-Ethanol Ribbon Burners
- Built In Bio-Ethanol Fireplaces
- Buy Bioethanol Fires Online – Sustainable Heating Solutions
- Buy Gel Fires Online – Sustainable Heating Solutions
- Buy Gel Fuel for Gel Fires and Burners
- Freestanding Bio-Ethanol Fires
- Hole in the Wall Bio-Ethanol Fires
- Outdoor Bio-Ethanol Fires (Garden Fireplace)
- Table Top Bio-Ethanol Fireplaces
- Traditional Bio-Ethanol Fireplace Style
- Two Sided Bioethanol Fireplace Designs
- Wall Mounted Bio-Ethanol Fires
- Wood Burner Style Bio-Ethanol Stove Designs
Our website has been created to show the latest special offers on bioethanol fireplaces, give general technical help, answer frequently asked questions, explain how the technology works, discuss the fireplace operation, highlight bioethanol fireplace safety considerations and to discuss bioethanol fireplace installation issues. We also have a number of advertising opportunities for Bioethanol Fireplaces available to discuss these use the Contact Form.
Visit our web store and look for the best prices on bio-ethanol fireplaces. The site is expanding and new products are added daily. We have a limited number of advertising opportunities available for companies to display products on the site, for details view our Advertising Opportunities for Bioethanol Fires page.