Choosing a Bioethanol Fireplace Insert or Bio Burner Fuel Trays to create your own fireplace design or to convert an existing fireplace is easy as long as you follow the guidance on safety and use the manufacturers instructions for installing the bioethanol fireplace insert into the final design. Bioethanol Fireplace Insert and Bio Burner Trays come in many different shapes and sizes however the principle of operation is basically the same it is just the length of the flame, and the capacity of the bioethanol fuel tray that differ. The biggest selling bio-ethanol fireplace insert trays are the type that are manually filled, lit and extinguished however today there are new models appearing like from bioethanol fire manufacturer Planika in Poland that are offering remote control bioethanol burners. You should first consider that, with like for like sizes, a manual version of a bio ethanol fireplace insert tray will cost around 10% of the cost of a remote control bio-burner tray.
If you are considering changing your fireplace, converting it from gas, coal or wood then it may be possible to convert the old fireplace design by sealing the chimney and using a bioethanol fireplace insert instead. This will make the installation into a flueless fire, or no chimney fireplace. By sealing up an existing chimney and using a bioethanol fireplace burner it will mean your overall heating system is more efficient, saving you money, as you will not be losing heat up the chimney 24 hours a day.
Bioethanol Fireplace Insert, Bio Burner Trays to Buy
Below we have selected a number of bio-ethanol burner trays, firebox Inserts for you to consider. Click on the Buy Now button to be taken to a page where you can read the full technical specification, check the delivery costs and p[lace your order.
Choose Your Bioethanol Fireplace Insert, Bio Burner Trays
Bioethanol Fireplace Insert, Bio Burner Trays are available in a wide range of sizes and are available from a number of suppliers. When the right burner tray is chosen and the installation is done correctly the final fireplace design can be stunning and add considerable value to a property. Choosing the right size of burner and how it will be installed and used is critical. A wider ribbon of flame will give out a lot of heat, read our guide notes at the bottom of the page. The wider the burner the bigger the room in which it will be used. If you buy a 1m wide bioethanol ribbon burner and install this in a room that is only 60m3 only you will soon realise that the heat given off is too much so the fire will not be used.
More types of Bio-Ethanol Fireplaces
Listed below are pages displaying other specific types of Bio Ethanol Fireplace. A lot of these are self contained units with a burner, enclosure and in some instances safety glass to protect the flame. Buying a Bioethanol Fireplace Insert or a Bio Burner Trays may seem a cheaper option however you will be surprised at the cost of some of the complete bioethanol fireplace designs that are available and in most cases it will reduce costs for installation etc.
- Bio Ethanol Burner Insert – DIY Firebox Tray for Bio Fire
- Bio Ethanol Fire Grate Burner Designs for Traditional Fireplace
- Bio Ethanol Fireplace Insert, Bio Fuel Burner Trays
- Bio Ethanol Flueless Fire Designs – No Chimney Fireplace
- Bio Ethanol Ribbon Burner Fireplace
- Bioethanol Fireplace Manufacturers and Retailers
- Built In Bio Ethanol Fireplace – Recessed Bio Fire
- Buy Bio Ethanol Fire Designs Online – Sustainable Heating Solutions
- Buy Gel Burner Fuel Fires Online – Sustainable Heating Solutions
- Flueless Bioethanol Fireplaces, No Chimney Required
- Freestanding Bioethanol Fireplace Designs – Free Standing Gel Fire
- Hole in the Wall Recessed Bio Ethanol Fireplace Designs
- Left Facing Corner Bioethanol Fire
- Outdoor Bioethanol Fireplace – Bioethanol Garden Fires
- Portable Bio-Ethanol Fireplace Designs
- Remote Control Bioethanol Fire Burners and Fireplaces
- Right Facing Corner Bioethanol Fire
- Round Bio Ethanol Fire Designs – Gel Fire Bowl Burners
- TableTop Bio Ethanol Fireplace – Table Top Ethanol Burner
- Traditional Bio Ethanol Fireplace Inset Style with Surround
- Two Sided Bioethanol Fireplace Double Sided Fire Designs
- Wall Mounted Bioethanol Fires – Wall Hung Flueless Fireplace
- Wide Bio Ethanol Fire 3 Burners XL
- Wide Bio Ethanol Fire 4 Burners XXL
- Wood Burner Style Bio-Ethanol Stove Designs
Some Other Considerations
An important factor to consider when buying a bio-ethanol burner is the safety aspects of where the firebox burner will be installed, the safety tray that will be used (some manufacturers supply a safety tray with the burner insert, with others it is an optional extra. How the user will be protected from the flame, again some manufacturers supply the glass panels with the burner. The method for shutting off the flame should be considered also.
The bioethanol burner may require installation into a fireplace opening or void. This will involve building work and the use of non-combustible materials. The choice of position may be dictated by an existing fireplace opening however in some instances a completely new opening will be required. Above all the final position must be chosen to ensure there are safe clearances to combustible materials like soft furnishings, curtains etc. The products available on the market cover a wide range of design styles and the supplier should be able to give guidance pre-sale on how to safely use the bioethanol insert burner. Be sure to also read the instructions supplied by the manufacturer before installing and using a Bioethanol Fireplace Insert, Bio Burner Trays
Why Change to a Bioethanol Fireplace Insert?
There are number of positives to look at when considering your next fireplace purchase. Buying a Gas, Electric or Wood Burning fireplace from a retailer may involve complicated installation work that can be costly and, especially in the case of wood there are issues over storage of the fuel and the mess caused by the ash. Also, apart from the electric fire, a gas or wood burning fire will need a chimney, something that a lot of modern houses do not have.
Did you know that bioethanol flueless fire designs do not need a chimney or flue system to be used? This means they are perfect for new, modern homes. They are also a great solution for older homes that have a faulty chimney that needs to be repaired. Or you may be looking to block up or remove an existing chimney to reduce your heating bills. Either way, flueless bioethanol fireplaces are a great, cost effective heating solution for a room where secondary heat is required. They are also good for the environment, unlike burning gas or coal. That is why it is best to look at the options and guides that are shown on the website before making a decision on your next fireplace purchase. Choose a flueless fire, or if you like a, no chimney fire, that uses clean burning bioethanol fuel.
BioEthanol Fires Technical Pages
We have created a number of pages with Technical Information and to answer the numerous questions. Click here to visit our bioethanol fireplace install pages.
Choosing the Right Bio-Ethanol Fireplace
When choosing a bioethanol fireplace for your home it is best to draw up a list of the criteria that you want to achieve once the fireplace is installed, typical criteria are :
- Bio Ethanol Fireplace Brand : As with all things the cheaper something is the less technology and cost that has been invested in the manufacture. This may mean that something that is cheap will have a cheaply made bio ethanol fireplace tray insert, which will most likely not last very long. Buying a bio ethanol fireplace insert firebox from a well known brand with a good online reputation will most likely save money in the long run. European companies like Kratki Fireplaces and Planika Fireplaces have good online reviews and the products must comply with European standards. Most European made bio ethanol firebox insert models have TUV or CE approval ensuring they are built to safety standards. It is worth considering that a large number of very cheap bio ethanol fireplaces are mass produced in China.
- Bio Ethanol Burner Heat Output : The bigger the slot in the bio ethanol burner insert the larger the flame, and heat given off, will be. It is worth noting that a typical bio ethanol fireplace burner insert that has a 300mm wide by 20mm deep slot will give off around 2Kw to 3Kw. This is similar to adding a small radiator in to the room. For comparison purposes electric fires are fixed at a maximum heat output of 2Kw. Choosing a fireplace with a much wider burner slot will increase the heat output. For example a 1m, or 1000mm, wide bioethanol burner insert could give out up to 10Kw of heat. This will most likely be too much for a small room. A good quality bio ethanol fireplace manufacturer will provide heat output figures with the sale literature.
- Bio Ethanol Fireplace Design Style : There are many different design styles of bio ethanol fireplace to consider. From small tabletop ethanol or gel burners to wide contemporary designs with a dancing ribbon of flame. There are also bioethanol stove designs and remote control fires with automatic burners. When choosing a bio ethanol fireplace it is best to have a clear idea of the style and features you want to achieve. For example a freestanding ethanol fire model might also be portable and used in different places in the home. Fixed, built-in or wall mounted fires are part of a room design or style and may have a clean letterbox style or have a metal fascia. Some smaller models have a backing plate and glass screen giving a contemporary style while others have a fascia which can be in various finishes.
- Type of Bio Fuel : Bio ethanol fuel is different to gel fuel. Bio ethanol fuel is mostly supplied in bottles, is clear, and can be easily spilled like water. Gel burner fuel is mostly supplied in cans however some suppliers use bottles. Gel fuel is thick, like a syrup, sometimes yellow or green in colour. It is my personal opinion that the gel fuel should only be used outside in an outdoor bio fireplace or gel burner. This is due to the smoke that can be given off when the gel begins to run out. To find out more read our guide to the differences between bio ethanol fuel and gel fuel.
- Accessories : Some bio ethanol and gel fire models are offered with extra features like a glass screen which gives some level of protection from the flame. You can also choose models with stones and pebbles as decoration however if choosing this option the decoration must be used as instructed by the manufacturer. For more information read our guide to adding pebbles to a bio ethanol fire.
- Bio Ethanol Fire Safety : There are safety considerations like storage of the bioethanol fuel, protection from the flame and handling of the fuel to consider if you have never used this style of fireplace before. Always read the manufacturers instructions supplied with the fireplace before using the fire.
- Fireplace Ventilation Requirements : When the bio-ethanol fuel is burned there is moisture given off, the bigger the burner and flame the more moisture. This will crate condensation on walls and windows unless proper ventilation is used. This can be in the form of a fixed free air vent or simply opening a window. Read our a Guide to Bio-Ethanol Fireplace Ventilation Requirements.