Once you have purchased your bioethanol fuel burner you will need to buy some bioethanol fuel so you can use it. Some bioethanol fireplace suppliers will include a few bottles to get you started but most do not. If buying bioethanol fuel online you will notice that it is supplied in many different package styles and quantities. The normal rule applies that the more you buy the cheaper, per litre, that it will be. Plus a lot of suppliers have offers available, for instance look out for free delivery on most of the UK bioethanol fuel supplies.
Buy Biola Bioethanol Fuel Bottles
When looking to buy these offers divide the price buy the number of liters that is included to work out the cost per litre and select the most cost effective package to meet your usage needs.
Buy Bioethanol Fuel in 1ltr or 5ltr Bottles?
Online you can buy bioethanol fuel bottles in either 1ltr or 5ltr bottles, plus some places offer it in 10ltr tubs. Choosing a large container will affect how you store, handle and use the fuel to refill your bioethanol burner tray. A 1 litre bottle is easy to handle and makes filling the bioethanol burner tray fairly straightforward.
A larger bottle may require you to decant the fuel into a smaller container first or you will need to use an electric pump to transfer the fuel from the large container to the burner tray. When handling fuel it is critical that there are no spills therefore consider this point when choosing.
Calculate Your Usage to Get the Best Deal
It is easy to calculate how much fuel you may require based on the burner size and the run time that is quoted by the manufacturer. It should be noted that any unused fuel in the bioethanol burner tray when it is shut off will slowly evaporate. That is why it is best to choose a bioethanol burner which suits your heat and usage requirements. For more information read our guide to bioethanol fire running cost.
Here is an Example
If you intend to use your bioethanol burner for 3 hours on an evening on 3 nights of a week then try to choose a burner with a 3 hour running time.
Here are a couple of examples of how to calculate monthly usage of bioethanol fuel.
Burner Example #1 – 200mm wide, 2kw output, 0.4 ltr capacity, 3 hours burn time – you will need 5 litres of fuel per month. (0.4 x 3 nights x 4 weeks = 4.8)
Burner Example #2 – 340mm wide, 3kw output, 1.2 ltr capacity and 3 hours burn time – you will need 15 litres of fuel per month (1.2 x 3 nights x 4 weeks = 14.4)
More Bioethanol Fuel Suppliers
- Farmlight Bioethanol Fuel Bottles
- Biola Bioethanol Fuel Bottles
- GreenEvo Bioethanol Fuel Bottles
- Buy Gel Fuel for Gel Fires and Burners
- Buy Bioethanol Fuel Bottles for Ethanol Fireplaces
- Bio Ethanol Fuel and Gel Fuel, The Differences
- Guide to Using and Storing Bio-Ethanol Fuel
Design Styles of Bio-Ethanol Fire
Check out below the different design styles of bioethanol fireplaces and gel fires that are available to buy online. Choose from top of the range, contemporary, remote control bioethanol burners to small table top gel fires. All the various styles are covered below.
- Bio-Ethanol Burner Trays, Firebox Inserts
- Bio-Ethanol Fire Grate Burner Designs
- Bio-Ethanol Ribbon Burners
- Bioethanol Fireplace Insert, Bio Burner Trays
- Bioethanol Flueless Fire Designs
- Built In Bio-Ethanol Fireplaces
- Buy Bioethanol Fires Online – Sustainable Heating Solutions
- Buy Gel Fires Online – Sustainable Heating Solutions
- Flueless Bioethanol Fireplaces, No Chimney Required
- Freestanding Bio-Ethanol Fires
Some Bio-Ethanol Fire Technical Pages
Read our technical guides listed below for more help choosing an bioethanol fireplace for your home.
- Bio-Ethanol Fireplace Explained, Operation and Use
- Bio-Ethanol Fireplace Fuel Explained
- Choosing a Freestanding Bio-Ethanol Fireplace
- Converting a Traditional Fireplace to Bioethanol Fuel
- Gel Burners and Gel Fuel Cans – Buying Guide
- Guide to Adding Pebbles to a Bio-ethanol Fireplace
- Guide to Bioethanol Fireplace Running Costs
- Guide to Buying a Table Top Bio-ethanol Fire
- Guide to Buying an Outdoor Bio-ethanol Fireplace
- Guide to Ceramic Sponge Wool Use in Bioethanol Burners
The best technical advice is to read the manufacturers installation and operation instructions before you install, set up, start handling the fuel or using the fire.