Once you have purchased your bioethanol fire you will need to buy bioethanol fuel to be able to use it. Online, bioethanol fuel is supplied in many different package styles and quantities. The normal rule applies that the more you buy the cheaper per litre it will be. That said there are offers available, look out for free delivery on most UK bioethanol fuel supplies. If you are ready to buy bioethanol fuel see the current offers below.
Buy Bioethanol Fuel in 1ltr or 5ltr Bottles?
Online you can buy bioethanol fuel bottles in either 1ltr or 5ltr bottles. The difference can affect how you are able to use the fuel to refill your bioethanol burner tray. A 1ltr bottle is easy to handle and makes filling a burner tray straightforward.
A larger bottle may require you to decant the fuel into a smaller container first or to use an electric pump to transfer the fuel from the large container to the burner tray. When handling fuel it is critical that there are no spills therefore consider this point when choosing.
Calculate Your Usage to Get the Best Deal
It is easy to calculate how much fuel you may require based on the burner size and the run time as quoted by the manufacturer. It should be noted that any unused fuel in the bioethanol burner tray when it is shut off will slowly evaporate. That is why it is best to choose a burner which suits your heat and usage requirements. Read our guide to bioethanol fireplace running costs.
If you intend to use your bioethanol burner for 3 hours on an evening for 3 nights a week then buy a burner with a 3 hour running time. Here are a couple of examples of monthly usage of bioethanol fuel.
Burner #1 – 200mm wide, 2kw output, 0.4 ltr capacity, 3 hours burn time – you will need 5 litres of fuel per month. (0.4 x 3 nights x 4 weeks = 4.8)
Burner #2 – 340mm wide, 3kw output, 1.2 ltr capacity and 3 hours burn time – you will need 15 litres of fuel per month (1.2 x 3 nights x 4 weeks = 14.4)
Current Offers to Buy Bioethanol Fuel
When looking at these offers divide the price buy the number of liters to work out the cost per liter and select the most cost effective package to meet your usage.
Styles of Bio-Ethanol Fireplace
Check out the different styles of bioethanol fireplaces below.
- Bio-Ethanol Burner Trays, Firebox Inserts
- Bio-Ethanol Ribbon Burners
- Built In Bio-Ethanol Fireplaces
- Buy Bioethanol Fires Online – Sustainable Heating Solutions
- Buy Bioethanol Fuel for Ethanol Fireplaces
- Buy Gel Fires Online – Sustainable Heating Solutions
- Buy Gel Fuel for Gel Fires and Burners
- Hole in the Wall Bio-Ethanol Fires
- Outdoor Bio-Ethanol Fires (Garden Fireplace)
- Table Top Bio-Ethanol Fireplaces
- Wall Mounted Bio-Ethanol Fires
Bio-Ethanol Fireplace Technical Pages
Read our technical guides listed below for more help choosing an bioethanol fireplace for your home. The best advice is to read the manufacturers installation and operation instructions before you start handling the fuel or using the fire.
- Bio Ethanol Fuel and Gel Fuel, The Differences
- Bio-Ethanol Fireplace Explained, Operation and Use
- Bio-Ethanol Fireplace Fuel Explained
- Choosing a Freestanding Bio-Ethanol Fireplace
- Gel Burners and Gel Fuel Cans – Buying Guide
- Guide to Adding Pebbles to a Bio-ethanol Fireplace
- Guide to Bioethanol Fireplace Running Costs
- Guide to Buying a Table Top Bio-ethanol Fire
- Guide to Buying an Outdoor Bio-ethanol Fireplace
- Guide to Ceramic Sponge Wool Use in Bioethanol Burners
- Guide to Choosing a Bio-Ethanol Burner
- Guide to Choosing a Bio-Ethanol Fireplace
- Guide to Installing Wall Mounted Bio-Ethanol Fireplaces
- Guide to Using and Storing Bio-Ethanol Fuel
- Ventilation for Bioethanol Fireplaces and Gel Burners