Welcome to our Guide to Choosing a Bio-Ethanol Burner Tray Insert Firebox. This page is for buying just the burner tray insert, or firebox, that will be installed within a self made combustion chamber. A bioethanol firebox insert can also be used to convert an existing fireplace that runs of fossil fuel like gas, wood or coal – to a sustainable energy source – bioethanol fuel. If you are unsure about the benefits of clean burning bio-ethanol fuel then we have written a seperate page with information and a guide to this type of sustainable bio fuel. The bio burner tray firebox insert example shown is a 930mm bioethanol ribbon burner this has a very wide ribbon of flame and gives of a considerable amount of heat. To use this the bioethanol burner insert firebox must be installed inside a DIY combustion chamber to ensure it is safe and there are clearance to combustible materials.
Guide to Choosing a Bio-Ethanol Burner Tray Insert Firebox
Bioethanol burner tray firebox insert designs are a popular online choice as they are seen as an easy way to add a fireplace, or secondary heat source, to a room without a lot of complicate installation work. However there are criteria that need to be considered before buying just a bioethanol burner tray insert or firebox and starting to use it. In most instances I would always advise buying a complete bio ethanol fireplace design as apposed to designing and making your own DIY fireplace, unless you are a qualified engineer or a fireplace designer. There are many different standard bioethanol fireplace designs to consider like wall mounted bioethanol fires, traditional styled bioethanol fires, bioethanol stove designs, freestanding bioethanol fires and even tabletop bioethanol burners. There are also a number of bioethanol garden fireplace designs to consider if that is where you intend to use the bioethanol fire.
Examples of Bio Ethanol Burner Tray Insert Firebox Designs
Listed below are some example of bioethanol burner tray inserts that are available to buy online from different suppliers. Click on the link to be taken to a page where you can read the technical specification and place your order. We have separate pages that show some of the larger bioethanol burner trays like the 930mm bioethanol ribbon burner and the remote control bioethanol burners. Use these links to find out more about these higher spec products.
Choosing a Bio-Ethanol Burner Tray Insert – Safety First
If you have decided you want to buy just a bio ethanol burner tray insert and create your own fireplace then this page will give you some indication of some points to consider when choosing a bio-ethanol burner tray firebox tray insert. Buying a separate bio-ethanol burner may appear a cheaper option or a way to quickly create a DIY fireplace however when choosing a bio-ethanol burner tray there are important safety issues to consider. The first step should always be to read the manufacturers instructions that are supplied with the bioethanol fireplace burner as that will give you the required information on what is required in terms of designing a combustion chamber and the required clearances to combustible materials
There are many styles of bio ethanol burner tray firebox insert on the market, from small 1L burner trays that are about 300mm wide to large 2000mm wide fully remote control bioethanol burners. The price range for firebox inserts can range from £50 to £5000, however like everything in life, you get what you pay for. The type of bio ethanol burner tray insert that you buy will be dictated by where it will be installed, how much heat you require and how you intend to use it. If it is upgrading an existing fireplace some of the required safety features of the fireplace may already exist.
These are some safety features regarding bio ethanol fireplaces that you need consider:
- Combustion Chamber – the bio ethanol burner tray insert needs to be installed within a combustion chamber that provides safe clearances to combustible materials. The size, shape and materials used for this combustion chamber is a job for a fireplace designer, however the manufacturer may also supply this information. If in doubt ask. If you are converting an old fossil fuel fireplace to bio ethanol then the majority of the work will already be done however it still needs to be checked over and made safe before the new burner is fitted.
- Spillage Tray – When filling the bio ethanol burner tray there is always a chance that some fuel may be lost under the burner. If this is able to go under the burner into a void or space there is a chance it will ignite when the burner is lit. Depending on what that void is made of it could be a fire risk. The expensive bioethanol burner trays tend to include a spillage tray that the burner sits inside to collect this lost fuel. Cheap models do not therefore you will need to buy one or get one made.
- Flame Shut Off – When the bio ethanol burner tray is alight there has to be a way to shut off the flame. This is normally a lid which is placed over the flame cutting off the oxygen and snuffing out the flame. There are different styles of bio ethanol flame cut off devices that have been created by manufacturers. From a simple lid with a handle to fully sliding lids. Again the quality of the burner will dictate the quality of the type of shut off device that is being used.
- Bioethanol Burner Ceramic Sponge – With expensive bioethanol burners they will most likely say in the technical literature that the burner includes bioethanol burner ceramic sponge. This is a special type of wool matting that is placed inside the burner to reduce spillages, increase the fuel running time and stabalise the flame. Cheap burners will most likely not have it so you should consider buying bioethanol ceramic wool matting and fitting it to the burner.
Installation of the Bio Ethanol Burner Tray Insert
There are many ways that a bio ethanol burner tray insert can be installed and used therefore I cannot go into all of them here but the biggest consideration must always be safety. Read the suppliers installation instructions.
- Fuel should not be able to be spilt and should be easy to clean up before using the fire.
- There should be safe clearance distances to combustible materials, for instance things like curtains should not be able to blow around the flame.
- There firebox tray insert should have a safety tray to catch any spilt fuel so it can be easily cleaned.
- There firebox tray insert should be a safe way to shut off the flame.
- The bio ethanol burner tray should be made a high quality material that will not degrade with the heat or start to rust.
Bio-Ethanol Fireplace Technical Pages
Read our technical guides listed below for more help choosing an bioethanol fireplace for your home. The best advice is to read the manufacturers installation and operation instructions that are supplied with the bioethanol fireplace or gel fire before you start to use it and before you start handling the fuel. Bioethanol fires and gel burners are a great way to add heat and a living flame to a property. Buy following some common safety procedures you will get the best performance and use out of your fireplace product.
- Bio Ethanol Fireplace Explained, Operation and Use
- Bio-Ethanol Fireplace Fuel Explained
- Choosing a Freestanding Bio Ethanol Fireplace Design
- Convert a Wood Burning Stove to Bio Ethanol Fuel
- Converting a Traditional Fireplace to Bioethanol Fuel
- Gel Burners and Chafing Gel Fuel Cans – Buying Guide
- Guide to Adding Pebbles to a Bio-ethanol Fireplace
- Guide to Bioethanol Fireplace Running Costs
- Guide to Buying a Table Top Bio Ethanol Fire
- Guide to Buying an Outdoor Bio Ethanol Fireplace or Gel Burner
- Guide to Ceramic Wool Sponge Use in a Bioethanol Burner
- Guide to Choosing a Bio-Ethanol Fireplace Design
- How To Reduce Your Gas Usage and Utility Bills 2021
- Installation Guide for Wall Mounted Bio Ethanol Fireplace Designs
- Ventilation for Bioethanol Fireplace and Gel Burner Fires
Latest New Bioethanol Products and Posts
Below are the latest posts and new bioethanol fireplace and gel fire products that have been added to the web site. We are adding new products and blog posts all the time. Bookmark the site or join the mailing list to keep up to date with new product releases and special offers.
- How To Reduce Your Gas Usage and Utility Bills 2021
- Bioethanol Fire Pit – Outdoor Garden Bio Fuel Patio Heating Solution
- 1400×400 Bioethanol Wide Wall Fire – No Chimney Real Flame
- Bioburners.co.uk Bioethanol Fireplace and Gel Burner Products.
- JHY DESIGN Bioethanol Fireplace and Gel Burner Products
Our website has been created to show the latest special offers on bioethanol fireplaces, give general technical help, answer frequently asked questions, explain how the technology works, discuss the fireplace operation, highlight bioethanol fireplace safety considerations and to discuss bioethanol fireplace installation issues. Use the menu bar at the top to navigate this website and find your new bio-ethanol fireplace or gel fire burner. Visit our savings page and look for the best prices on bio-ethanol fireplaces and gel fire burners. The site is expanding and new products are added daily so come back and visit us regularly.
We have a number of advertising opportunities for Bioethanol Fireplaces available. To discuss fireplace marketing use the contact button in the menu above and send your details.