There are many Freestanding Bio-Ethanol Fires on the market. The term freestanding means that the bioethanol fire is a self contained unit that does not need any specific installation into a fixed place, like on a wall or inside a wall. For this reason a lot of freestanding bioethanol fire designs can be also considered portable. However, there are certain risks associated with moving a bioethanol fireplace around therefore I suggest you also read our separate guide to choosing a freestanding bioethanol fire as it may give you some extra insight into this style of bioethanol fireplace.
A modern example of a freestanding bioethanol fireplace is the Tecno Air System Cortina Freestanding Bio-Ethanol Fireplace which has been designed around the traditional wood burning stove concept, but upgraded for use with clean burning bio ethanol fireplace fuel.
As with other bioethanol fireplace designs the type of freestanding bio fire you buy depends a number of factors like do you need heat, is it for decoration, how often will it be used, where it will be located and the usual safety factors like handling and storage of the fuel. This section does not cover the small freestanding table top bioethanol fire designs as we have a different page for those, see the main menu. The bio fuel fireplace models shown below are larger, or full shape, freestanding bioethanol fires that are designed to be used in a room setting. Most freestanding bio ethanol fire models are designed to be kept in the same location, however read the manufacturers install booklet as some freestanding bioethanol fireplace designs are portable and can moved to different locations around the home, wherever heat is needed.
Freestanding Bio Ethanol Fireplace Models
When choosing your freestanding bio ethanol fireplace make sure you choose a safe position for the fire with safe clearances to combustible materials, and in a location where the flame is protected and the fireplace cannot be knocked over or disturbed by air. A lot of the free standing bioethanol fireplace models on the market are designed as freestanding double sided bioethanol fires or as they are sometimes known, two sided bioethanol fires that. These are freestanding fireplace designs that can be seen through from both sides, this makes a modern feature of the fireplace. There are many of these freestanding two sided bioethanol fireplace designs in various shapes like square, rectangular, pyramid and even curved.
Below we have selected a number of Freestanding Bio Ethanol Fireplace designs for you to consider. Click on the Buy Now button to be taken to a page where you can read the full technical specification of the chosen freestanding fire design, check the delivery costs and place your order.
Buy Freestanding Bio Ethanol Fire Designs
Check out these freestanding bioethanol fire and free standing gel fireplace designs. Click on the link to be taken to the merchant store to review the specification of the chosen freestanding fireplace and place your order.
Click Here for the Latest Offers on Freestanding Bioethanol Fireplaces
When buying a free standing gel fire or freestanding bioethanol fireplace there are a number of safety issues that should be considered. We have created a number of pages with Technical Information and to answer the numerous questions. Click here to visit our bio ethanol fireplaces explained pages.
Choosing the Right Free Standing Bio Ethanol Fireplace
When choosing a bioethanol fireplace for your home it is best to draw up a list of the criteria that you want to achieve once the bio ethanol fire is installed or positioned. The sort of criteria you might have when selecting a bio fire are :
- Freestanding Fireplace Brand : As with all things the cheaper freestanding bioethanol fireplace is the less technology and cost that has been invested in the manufacture. This may mean that a cheap product with a cheap bioethanol fireplace insert does not last very long. Buying a quality free standing bio ethanol fireplace from a well known ethanol fire brand with a good online reputation will possibly save money in the long run. See what other customers have said by looking at the online reviews before buying. It is worth noting that a lot of cheap freestanding bio-ethanol fireplaces are now made in vast quantities in China, however some European brands with CE and TUV approval now exist like Planika and Kratki.
- Bio Ethanol Burner Heat Output : When choosing your new freestanding bioethanol fireplace it is worth considering that the bigger the slot in the bioethanol burner insert the larger the flame and heat that will be given off – a typical bio ethanol fireplace insert that has a 300mm wide by 20mm deep slot will give off around 2Kw to 3Kw which is similar to adding a small radiator in to the room. Choosing a freestanding bioethanol fireplace design with a much wider burner will increase this heat output for instance a 1m wide bioethanol fire insert burner could give out anything up to 10Kw which may be too much heat for the room. A good quality manufacturer of ethanol fireplace insert burner trays should be able to quote the heat output figure for their product when you inquire.
- Freestanding Design Style : There are many styles of freestanding bio ethanol fireplace insert to choose from small to large. Have a clear idea of the style you want eg freestanding models can be portable and used in different places in the home. Fixed, built-in or wall mounted fires are part of a room design or style and may have a clean letterbox style or have a metal fascia. Some smaller ethanol fire models have a backing plate and glass screen giving a contemporary style while others have a fascia which can be in various finishes.
- Bio Fuel : Bio-ethanol Fuel is different to Gel Fuel, bioethanol fuel tends to be clear and will be easily spilled like water, bio gel fuel, is mostly supplied in cans and has a very thick appearance, sometimes yellow or green in colour. It is my personal opinion that gel fuel should only be used outside in an outdoor fireplace. This is due to the emissions, or smoke, that can be given off when the gel burner begins to run out of fuel. Read our guide to bioethanol fuel.
- Fireplace Accessories : Some models are offered with a glass screen which gives some level of protection from the flame. You can also choose bio fuel models with stones and pebbles as decoration however if choosing this option the decoration must be used as instructed by the manufacturer. For more information read our guide to adding pebbles to a bio ethanol fire.
- Bioethanol Safety : There are safety considerations like storage of the bioethanol fuel, protection from the flame and handling of the bio fuel to consider if you have never used this style of fireplace before. Always read the manufacturers instructions supplied with the bioethanol fireplace before filling, lighting or using the fire.
- Fireplace Ventilation : When the bio-ethanol fuel is burned there is moisture given off, the bigger the burner and flame the more moisture. This will create condensation on walls and windows unless proper fresh air ventilation is provided into the room. Fresh air ventilation can be provided by opening a window while using the bio fire or by installing a permanent air vent through the wall. If you are unsure of the ventilation requirements for gel fires and bio-ethanol fireplaces take some time to read our Guide to Bio-Ethanol Fire Ventilation technical page as it give a good insight into this important issue.
Why Change to a BioEthanol Fireplace?
There are number of positives to look at when considering your next fireplace purchase. Buying a Gas, Electric or Wood Burning fireplace from a retailer may involve complicated installation work that can be costly and, especially in the case of wood there are issues over storage of the fuel and the mess caused by the ash. Also, apart from the electric fire, a gas or wood burning fire will need a chimney, something that a lot of modern houses do not have. Did you know that bioethanol flueless fire designs do not need a chimney or flue system to be used? This means they are perfect for new, modern homes. They are also a great solution for older homes that have a faulty chimney that needs to be repaired. Or you may be looking to block up or remove an existing chimney to reduce your heating bills. Either way, flueless bioethanol fireplaces are a great, cost effective heating solution for a room where secondary heat is required. They are also good for the environment, unlike burning gas or coal. That is why it is best to look at the options and guides that are shown on the website before making a decision on your next fireplace purchase. Choose a flueless fire, or if you like a, no chimney fire, that uses clean burning bioethanol fuel.