There is a difference between Gel Burners and Gel Fuel Cans, here we shed some light on the subject.
Gel Burners and Gel Fuel Cans Explained
Gel fuel is a sustainable heat source made from the processing of farm products into alcohol. This then has additives to reduce the alcohol content to around 96%. These additives also stop the possibilities of someone drinking the alcohol.
Online, gel fuel is supplied in either 1 litre bottles or in cans. There are different sizes of can therefore check your dimensions before buying.
The litre bottles can be used to add fuel to a gel burner and to refill the cans but this should be done with caution as the can will deteriorate with each use.
Gel Cans and Gel Burners?
A gel burner is supplied by a manufacturer with a reservoir for the fuel to be added and then burnt.
A gel fuel can is used in a product that does not have a reservoir for the fuel. One application like this is a unit which is used to keep food warm in a restaurant etc however there are also some gel fireplaces which need cans.
If in doubt read the manufactures instructions received with the gel fire or gel burner. If you are ready to buy gel fuel see the current offers below. When looking at these offers decide how much gel fuel you will require based on your usage plans then buy the most cost effective package.
Current Offers to Buy Gel Fuel
Gel Fuel of BioEthanol Fuel?
In my opinion, buying and using a bioethanol fireplace is more practical for use within a home. Gel burners are ok for heating food or using outside.
Styles of Bio-Ethanol Fireplace
Check out the different styles of bioethanol fireplaces below.
- Bio-Ethanol Burner Trays, Firebox Inserts
- Bio-Ethanol Ribbon Burners
- Built In Bio-Ethanol Fireplaces
- Buy Bioethanol Fires Online – Sustainable Heating Solutions
- Buy Bioethanol Fuel for Ethanol Fireplaces
- Buy Gel Fires Online – Sustainable Heating Solutions
- Buy Gel Fuel for Gel Fires and Burners
- Hole in the Wall Bio-Ethanol Fires
- Outdoor Bio-Ethanol Fires (Garden Fireplace)
- Remote Control Bioethanol Fire Burners and Fireplaces
- Table Top Bio-Ethanol Fireplaces
- Wall Mounted Bio-Ethanol Fires
Bio-Ethanol Fireplace Technical Pages
Read our technical guides listed below for more help choosing an bioethanol fireplace for your home. The best advice is to read the manufacturers installation and operation instructions before you start handling the fuel or using the fire.
- Bio Ethanol Fuel and Gel Fuel, The Differences
- Bio-Ethanol Fireplace Explained, Operation and Use
- Bio-Ethanol Fireplace Fuel Explained
- Choosing a Freestanding Bio-Ethanol Fireplace
- Gel Burners and Gel Fuel Cans – Buying Guide
- Guide to Adding Pebbles to a Bio-ethanol Fireplace
- Guide to Bioethanol Fireplace Running Costs
- Guide to Buying a Table Top Bio-ethanol Fire
- Guide to Buying an Outdoor Bio-ethanol Fireplace
- Guide to Ceramic Sponge Wool Use in Bioethanol Burners
- Guide to Choosing a Bio-Ethanol Burner
- Guide to Choosing a Bio-Ethanol Fireplace
- Guide to Installing Wall Mounted Bio-Ethanol Fireplaces
- Guide to Using and Storing Bio-Ethanol Fuel
- Ventilation for Bioethanol Fireplaces and Gel Burners