Think Safety First! Bio-ethanol fireplaces are a relatively cheap to buy, easy to use and a quick way to introduce a secondary heat source in to a property. Storing bio-ethanol fuel is an important consideration when buying this type of fireplace and buying bioethanol fuel in volume.
Overall bioethanol fireplaces are decorative but they still have a live flame and give off heat. This means that great care is required when using the fireplace but consideration also needs to be given to storing bio-ethanol fuel.
Guide to Using and Storing Bio-Ethanol Fuel
Bio-ethanol fireplace fuel is highly flammable and is supplied in liquid form in bottles from 1l to 10l in size. The bigger bioethanol fuel bottles tend to mean cheaper rate per litre of bioethanol fuel.
Storing Bio-Ethanol Fuel
Regardless of what brand and retailer you decide to buy bioethanol fuel from, and the the size of bottle purchased, great care needs to be observed when filling, lighting and extinguishing the fire. Depending on the volume of fuel purchased consideration needs to be given to where it will be stored safely.
It should be stored in a fireproof container, preferably outdoors in a secure store room like a locked garage or shed. Only the required amount to use the fire that day should be brought inside and afterwards any unused fuel returned to the store.
Using BioEthanol Fuel.
- Read the manufacturers instructions that were supplied with the bio-ethanol fireplace that you have in your home as it should include guidance on how to fill, light and extinguish the bioethanol burner. The manufacturer will also give you extra safety observations on handling and storing the fuel. If you do not have this document then it is best to contact the manufacturer and ask for a copy before using the fire.
- Online it is possible to buy bioethanol fuel in different volumes and also different bottle sizes. If buying fuel in volume to benefit from the savings that are available then consideration needs to be given to where it will be stored. Bioethanol fireplace fuel is highly flammable so it is always best to store the fuel outside in a sealed container away from any sources of heat or where children may play.
- When you are ready to use the bio-ethanol fire it is wise to only bring into the property the volume of fuel that you intend to use. Again, the manufacturer should give you guidance on the volume of bioethanol fuel and how long it will burn for.
- When you are ready to use the bioethanol fireplace it will involve filling the burner. Again, the manufacturers instructions will tell you how this should be done and how much to use. It is likely you will need to use a funnel to add fuel to avoid spillages.
- If using very large bioethanol fuel bottle, like 10 litre, then you will also require a pump to decant the fuel from the bottle. These are available from a number of suppliers on the internet.
- Lighting the bioethanol fireplace requires great care. Make sure all spillages have been cleaned up, stand back from the fire at a safe distance and use a long lighter or long match to light the fuel.
- Once the bioethanol fire is alight it will start to generate heat and will have a flame. Ensure that all combustible materials are at a safe distance from the fire – for example curtains, carpets or cushions.
- Ensure the room has sufficient ventilation to make the environment comfortable for the user. Ventilation can be provided by a permanent air vent or by opening a window. Read our guide to fireplace ventilation
- Take care over the size of burner and volume of fuel you will use. Consider how long you intent to use the fire for and how much heat you require before filling the bioethanol burner.
- Snuff out the fire using the snuffer or sliding lid as shown in the manufacturers instructions.
- If the bioethanol burner tray still includes fuel when extinguishing then care should be taken not to spill the fuel while extinguishing the bioethanol burner.
Suppliers of Bio-Ethanol Fireplace
- Aflamo Bioethanol Fireplaces Poland
- B2C Bio Ethanol Fireplaces
- Bio-Blaze Bio-Ethanol Fireplaces
- Bio-Fires Bio Ethanol Fireplaces
- Campo24 Bio Ethanol Fireplaces
- Casa Padrino Bio-Ethanol Fireplaces
- Deka Interieurbouw Bio Ethanol Fireplaces
- DRULINE Bio Ethanol Fireplaces
- GreenEvo Bio Ethanol Fuel Supplier
- Ignis Products Bio Ethanol Fireplaces
- Imagin Fires – Bioethanol Fireplaces
- InterWorld 24 Bio Ethanol Fireplaces
- ItalPol Produkt Bio Ethanol Fireplaces
- Kaminbau Mierzwa – Bio Ethanol Fireplaces
- Kratki Bio Ethanol Fireplaces
- Muenkel Design – Bio Ethanol Fireplaces
- oneConcept Bio Ethanol Fireplaces
- Planika PrimeFire Remote Control Bio Ethanol Fires
- Purline Bio-Ethanol Fireplaces
- Regal Flame – Bio Ethanol Fireplaces
- Retailers of Bioethanol Fireplaces and Gel Fires
- Tristar Bio Ethanol Fireplaces
More Bio-Ethanol Fireplace Technical Pages
- Bio Ethanol Fuel and Gel Fuel, The Differences
- Bio-Ethanol Fireplace Explained, Operation and Use
- Bio-Ethanol Fireplace Fuel Explained
- Choosing a Freestanding Bio-Ethanol Fireplace
- Converting a Traditional Fireplace to Bioethanol Fuel
- Gel Burners and Gel Fuel Cans – Buying Guide
- Guide to Adding Pebbles to a Bio-ethanol Fireplace
- Guide to Bioethanol Fireplace Running Costs
- Guide to Buying a Table Top Bio-ethanol Fire
- Guide to Buying an Outdoor Bio-ethanol Fireplace
- Guide to Ceramic Sponge Wool Use in Bioethanol Burners
- Guide to Choosing a Bio-Ethanol Burner
- Guide to Choosing a Bio-Ethanol Fireplace
- Guide to Installing Wall Mounted Bio-Ethanol Fireplaces
- Guide to Using and Storing Bio-Ethanol Fuel
- Ventilation for Bioethanol Fireplaces and Gel Burners
More Styles of Bio-Ethanol Fireplace
- Bio-Ethanol Burner Trays, Firebox Inserts
- Bio-Ethanol Fire Grate Burner Designs
- Bio-Ethanol Ribbon Burners
- Built In Bio-Ethanol Fireplaces
- Buy Bioethanol Fires Online – Sustainable Heating Solutions
- Buy Bioethanol Fuel for Ethanol Fireplaces
- Buy Gel Fires Online – Sustainable Heating Solutions
- Buy Gel Fuel for Gel Fires and Burners
- Freestanding Bio-Ethanol Fires
- Hole in the Wall Bio-Ethanol Fires
- Outdoor Bio-Ethanol Fires (Garden Fireplace)
- Planika PrimeFire Remote Control Bio Ethanol Fires
- Remote Control Bioethanol Fire Burners and Fireplaces
- Table Top Bio-Ethanol Fireplaces
- Traditional Bio-Ethanol Fireplace Style
- Two Sided Bioethanol Fireplace Designs
- Wall Mounted Bio-Ethanol Fires
- Wood Burner Style Bio-Ethanol Stove Designs