The storing of the bio-ethanol fuel bottles is an important consideration when buying this type of fireplace and buying bioethanol fuel. How Should Bio Ethanol Fuel be Stored is a question that you will need to ask when you first start to buy and use bioethanol fuel. If considering buying a bio ethanol fireplace or gel fire burner for use in your home then you need to take some precautions for storing and handling the bioethanol fuel bottles. Safety First! Bio-ethanol fireplaces and gel burners are a relatively cheap to buy, easy to use and a quick way to introduce a secondary heat source in to a room within a property. The fuel is clean burning and the fires do not need a chimney, or flue system, to be installed and used. Bioethanol fireplace designs are also popular for use outdoors in a garden on a terrace or patio.
Bio ethanol fireplace designs range from very small burners to wide fireplaces with a long ribbon of flame. As with all heating appliances with a naked flame there is heat given off and choosing the right size of bio ethanol burner will ensure you get the best usage experience. If you buy a small bio ethanol fire you will not need a lot of fuel bottles, if you buy a very wide bioethanol burner then you will most likely need to buy bioethanol fuel bottles in bulk. That leads to the safe handling and storage of the fuel.
How Should Bio Ethanol Fuel be Stored
Bio-ethanol fireplace fuel is highly flammable and is supplied in liquid form in bottles from 1l to 10l in size. The bigger bioethanol fuel bottles tend to mean cheaper rate per litre of bioethanol fuel. Regardless of what brand and retailer you decide to buy bioethanol fuel from, or the size of fuel bottle purchased, great care needs to be observed when handling and storing the bio fuel including the filling, lighting and extinguishing of the fire. Depending on the volume of bio ethanol fuel purchased consideration needs to be given to where the fuel will be safely stored. A number of manufacturers state that bio ethanol fuel bottles should be stored in a fireproof container, preferably outdoors in a secure store room like a locked garage or shed. Only the required amount of fuel required to use the fire that day should be brought inside the house and afterwards any unused fuel returned to the store. Below are some examples of current suppliers of bioethanol fuel bottles. Click on the link to be taken to a page where you can check the technical details, place your order and arrange delivery of your bioethanol fuel bottles.
Some Notes on Storing and Using Bio Ethanol Fuel
- Read the manufacturers instructions that were supplied with the bio-ethanol fireplace that you have in your home as it should include guidance on how to fill, light and extinguish the bioethanol burner. The manufacturer will also give you extra safety observations on handling and storing the fuel. If you do not have this document then it is best to contact the manufacturer and ask for a copy before using the fire.
- Online it is possible to buy bioethanol fuel in different volumes and also different bottle sizes. If buying fuel in volume to benefit from the savings that are available then consideration needs to be given to where it will be stored. Bioethanol fireplace fuel is highly flammable so it is always best to store the fuel outside in a sealed container away from any sources of heat or where children may play.
- When you are ready to use the bio-ethanol fire it is wise to only bring into the property the volume of fuel that you intend to use. Again, the manufacturer should give you guidance on the volume of bioethanol fuel and how long it will burn for.
- When you are ready to use the bioethanol fireplace it will involve filling the burner. Again, the manufacturers instructions will tell you how this should be done and how much to use. It is likely you will need to use a funnel to add fuel to avoid spillages.
- If using very large bioethanol fuel bottle, like 10 litre, then you will require a pump to decant the fuel from the large container. These are available from a number of suppliers on the internet like Amazon and Ebay.
- Lighting the bioethanol fireplace requires great care. Make sure all spillages have been cleaned up, stand back from the fire at a safe distance and use a long lighter or long match to light the fuel.
- Once the bioethanol fire is alight it will start to generate heat and will have a flame. Ensure that all combustible materials are at a safe distance from the fire – for example curtains, carpets or cushions.
- Ensure the room has sufficient ventilation to make the environment comfortable for the user. Ventilation can be provided by a permanent air vent or by opening a window. Read our guide to fireplace ventilation
- Take care over the size of burner and volume of fuel you will use. Consider how long you intent to use the fire for and how much heat you require before filling the bioethanol burner.
- Snuff out the fire using the snuffer or sliding lid as shown in the manufacturers instructions. If the bioethanol burner tray still includes fuel when you put out the flame then care not to spill the fuel from the bioethanol burner.
More Frequently Asked Questions About this Subject
Bio Ethanol Fireplace and Gel Burner : Buy While Stock Last
Below there are up to 10 products listed that are on current special offer. Review the price reduction and click on the button to buy and save on your bio ethanol fuel fireplace purchase. You can sometimes benefit from a deal on cheap price on a high quality product. At any given time you can save up to 50% on bio fuel products.
For the top 25 sale products see the main menu.