Outdoor Bio-Ethanol Fires or Garden Fireplaces can add a nice feature to a patio or terrace, and also supply some heat on a cold night. There are many styles to choose from and the products available on the market cover a wide range of design styles (we have shown examples below) from small table top burners to vertical bio ethanol tower style fires, one company also makes a set of pipes which can look good in the right setting.
Outdoor Bio-Ethanol Fires (Garden Fireplace)
As the burner is outside, where people can easily move about, the most important safety consideration is to ensure the burner cannot be knocked over or touched. This will involve securing the burner down and also choosing a model with a built in glass screen. The screen will ensure someone cannot touch the flame and it will stop the flame being blown around by the wind. The unit should be supplied with important safety and installation instructions and these will guide you through the installation process.
Below we have selected a number of outdoor bio-ethanol fireplaces. Click on the Buy Now button to be taken to a page where you can read the full technical specification, check the delivery costs and p[lace your order.
Buy Outdoor Bio-Ethanol Fires (Garden Fireplace)
More types of Bio-Ethanol Fireplaces
Listed below are pages displaying specific types of Bio Ethanol Fireplace,
- Bio-Ethanol Burner Trays, Firebox Inserts
- Bio-Ethanol Ribbon Burners
- Built In Bio-Ethanol Fireplaces
- Buy Bioethanol Fires Online – Sustainable Heating Solutions
- Buy Bioethanol Fuel for Ethanol Fireplaces
- Buy Gel Fires Online – Sustainable Heating Solutions
- Buy Gel Fuel for Gel Fires and Burners
- Hole in the Wall Bio-Ethanol Fires
- Outdoor Bio-Ethanol Fires (Garden Fireplace)
- Table Top Bio-Ethanol Fireplaces
- Wall Mounted Bio-Ethanol Fires
We have created a number of pages with Technical Information and to answer the numerous questions. Click here to visit our bio ethanol fireplaces explained pages.
Choosing the Right Bio-Ethanol Fireplace
When choosing a bioethanol fireplace for your home it is best to draw up a list of the criteria that you want to achieve once the fireplace is installed, typical criteria are :
- Brand : As with all things the cheaper something is the less technology and cost that has been invested in the manufacture. This may mean that a cheap product does not last long. Buying a well known brand with a good online reputation, review what people have said about them online, will possibly save money in the long run. A lot of bio-ethanol fireplaces are now made in vast quantities in China.
- Heat Output : The bigger the slot in the bio-ethanol burner the larger the flame and heat that will be given off – a typical bio ethanol burner tray that has a 300mm wide by 20mm deep slot will give off around 2Kw to 3Kw which is similar to adding a small radiator in to the room. Choosing a much wider burner will increase this heat output for instance a 1m wide burner could give out anything up to 10Kw which may be too much heat for the room. The manufacturer should be able to quote a heat output figure when you inquire.
- Design Style : There are many styles some to choose from small to large. Have a clear idea of the style you want eg freestanding models can be portable and used in different places in the home. Fixed, built-in or wall mounted fires are part of a room design or style and may have a clean letterbox style or have a metal fascia. Some smaller models have a backing plate and glass screen giving a contemporary style while others have a fascia which can be in various finishes.
- Fuel : Bio-ethanol Fuel is different to Gel Fuel. It is my personal opinion that gel fuel should only be used outside due to the emissions it gives off when burning out. Read our guide to bioethanol fuel.
- Accessories : Some models are offered with a glass screen which gives some level of protection from the flame. You can also choose models with stones and pebbles as decoration however if choosing this option the decoration must be used as instructed by the manufacturer. For more information read our guide to adding pebbles to a bio ethanol fire.
- Safety : There are safety considerations like storage of the bioethanol fuel, protection from the flame and handling of the fuel to consider if you have never used this style of fireplace before. Always read the manufacturers instructions supplied with the fireplace before using the fire.
- Ventilation : When the bio-ethanol fuel is burned there is moisture given off, the bigger the burner and flame the more moisture. This will crate condensation on walls and windows unless proper ventilation is used. This can be in the form of a fixed free air vent or simply opening a window. Read our Guide to Fireplace Ventilation