A number of bioethanol fireplace manufacturers, based in both Europe and China, have developed Remote Control Bioethanol Fire Burners and complete remote control bioethanol fireplaces. The current range is mainly designed around long ribbon style burners, with flame width sizes available up to 2000mm (2m) long. If you are considering a remote bio-burner then you should know that these high spec burners tend to be at the high end of the price scale.
Remote Control Bioethanol Fire Burners Explained
The basic concept is the same as a normal bioethanol burner, there is fuel, this is lit and a flame appears. But there is a lot of actual technology behind how remote bioethanol burners work.
The fuel is stored in a tank under the burner and they can store a lot more bioethanol fuel in the tank reducing the need to keep refilling. These bio fires also normally include safety features and safety sensors that do not exist on a manual bio burner.
When the handset is used to start the remote fire an electronic pump carries the fuel from the storage tank injects the fuel into a long burner tube. There is an electronic spark system which then ignites the fuel and the flame appears. When the remote fire is shut down the pump stops and the flame goes out. From what I know there is no way to adjust flame height but no doubt someone will be working on introducing this in the future.
Buy Remote Control Bioethanol Burners
There are only a small number of suppliers who make remote control bioethanol burners. As they involve electronics and safety features they are not as cheap as the mass produced manual style burners. See the examples below, available in sizes up to 2m wide, click on the link for more details and to buy.
Buy a Complete Remote Bioethanol Fireplace or Just a Burner?
Some companies sell just the remote control bioethanol burner tray. This must then be used in a fireplace opening that is designed by either the manufacturer of the burner tray or as a complete system of burner and enclosure.
Some of the remote bioethanol burners on the market are sold as a standard products but there are other companies who will offer a full bespoke design service working with an architect and installer to provide a custom made, one off, fireplace.
Check out EasyFire, a UK fireplace manufacturer. Visit easyfire.co.uk for details.
In some locations, if designed correctly, they can be used outdoors, but mainly these are large contemporary fires that are best suited to large rooms or commercial properties like a hotel lobby.
Buying a Remote Control Bioethanol Burners
Due to the complex design and high cost these are generally not sold online. I suggest doing a google search to see which companies are offering this style of fire.
- Bioethanol Fuel Explained – Bio Gel Fuel Fires
- Bio Gel Fire Safety : Are Gel Burners Safe?
- Bioethanol Fire Safety : Are Bioethanol Fireplaces Safe?
- Gel Burners and Gel Fuel Cans – Buying Guide
- Retailers of Bioethanol Fireplaces and Gel Fires
More types of Bio-Ethanol Fireplaces
The pages listed below are separated in to the different types of bioethanol fireplace depending on how it will be used or installed, choose a product type from below.
- Bio-Ethanol Burner Trays, Firebox Inserts
- Bio-Ethanol Ribbon Burners
- Built In Bio-Ethanol Fireplaces
- Buy Bioethanol Fires Online – Sustainable Heating Solutions
- Buy Bioethanol Fuel for Ethanol Fireplaces
- Buy Gel Fires Online – Sustainable Heating Solutions
- Buy Gel Fuel for Gel Fires and Burners
- Hole in the Wall Bio-Ethanol Fires
- Outdoor Bio-Ethanol Fires (Garden Fireplace)
- Remote Control Bioethanol Fire Burners and Fireplaces
- Table Top Bio-Ethanol Fireplaces
- Wall Mounted Bio-Ethanol Fires