There are many Round Bio Ethanol Fire and Gel Fire Bowl designs on the market. These can be small, gel fuel fire bowl burner designs that can be used on a table top to large freestanding bio-ethanol fires that can be used as a design feature in a living room. Table top gel fire bowl models are popular for use outside in a garden or on a terrace or patio. When considering a round bio ethanol fire or small gel fire bowl there will not be lots of heat generated. The heat output is dependant on the surface area of the fuel. The smaller the burner the less heat. If a small round fire bowl design is used outside then this heat will be diluted and lost. The light from the flame seems to be the main reason for using a round bio ethanol or gel fire bowl outside. If using a gel fire bowl or round bio ethanol fire indoors apart from a nice flame you could use scented bio ethanol fuel bottles that give off a aroma when the fuel is burned which can add some ambient scent to a room.
A lot of the smaller fire bowl designs can be used with both bioethanol fuel and gel fuel however make sure to check the technical specification as some newer models are only suitable for bio ethanol fuel. Small round gel fire bowl designs are popular for use on tables however most of the larger round units, which are freestanding or portable, can be moved between locations. Moving a bio ethanol fire to different locations needs to done with care to ensure safety issues are respected. If a portable, freestanding bio ethanol fuel fire is what you are looking then take some time to read the guide to freestanding bioethanol fires as it covers some of the safety issues.
The image shows a small stainless steel gel fire bowl design which includes a small burner and is used as a design feature.
Buy Round Bio Ethanol Fire Designs
Check out below a range of gel fire bowl and round bio ethanol fire designs. Click on the buy button to be taken to a page where you can read the full technical specification, check the delivery costs and place your order.
Gel Fire Bowl and Round Bio Ethanol Fires
The type of round bioethanol fire you purchase will depend on a number of factors. For instance do you need heat, is it for decoration, how often will it be used, where it will be located and the usual consideration of the safety factors. There is a separate page which focuses on small table top bioethanol fires of all shapes and sizes. Popular designs are the Bio-Fires Cube fire and the Chantico Round fire models.
When choosing your round bio ethanol fire or gel fire bowl make sure you choose a safe position to use the fire with safe clearances to combustible materials, and in a location where the flame is protected and the fireplace cannot be knocked over or disturbed. As always, ensure you read the manufacturers installation and user instructions booklet supplied with the fire before using your bio-ethanol fire.
Latest Bio-Ethanol Products
New bio ethanol and gel products are regularly being added to the site including round bio ethanol fuel burner and gel fire bowl designs. Shown below are the latest posts that have been created. Also out the models that are popular with visitors, sale items and the numerous techniocal pages that have been created by using the links in the top menu.
- Coupons and Vouchers for Fireplace and Other Products
- Olympia Chafing Gel Fuel Cans Outdoor Heating Bio Ethanol
- Höfats Spin Outdoor Patio Heater Bio Ethanol Fireplace Torch
- Types and Styles of Bio Ethanol and Gel Fireplace Designs
- Bioethanol Fireplace Manufacturers and Retailers
Choosing a Bio-Ethanol Fire Design
When choosing a round bio ethanol fireplace or gel firebowl burner for your home it is best to draw up a list of the criteria that you want to achieve, here are some examples of what to consider :
- Bio Ethanol Fireplace Brand : As with all things the cheaper something is the less technology and cost that has been invested in the manufacture. This may mean that a cheap gel fire bowl or cheap round bio ethanol fire may not last very long. Buying a gel fire bowl from a well known brand with a good online reputation will most likely save you money in the long run. It is worth considering that a large number of very cheap gel fire bowl and round bio ethanol fire designs are mass produced in China.
- Bio Ethanol Burner Heat Output : The larger the area of the gel burner or bioethanol burner insert the larger the flame and heat that is given off will be. It is worth noting that a typical bio ethanol fireplace burner insert that has a 300mm wide by 20mm deep slot will give off around 2Kw to 3Kw. This is similar to adding a small radiator in to the room. For comparison purposes electric fires are fixed at a maximum heat output of 2Kw. Choosing a fireplace with a much wider burner slot will increase the heat output. For example a 1m, or 1000mm, wide bioethanol burner insert could give out up to 10Kw of heat. This will most likely be too much for a small room. A good quality gel fuel fire or bio ethanol fuel fireplace manufacturer will provide heat output figures with the sale literature.
- Bio Ethanol Fireplace Design Style : There are many different design styles of bio ethanol fireplace to consider. From small table top ethanol or gel fuel burners to wide contemporary designs with a long dancing ribbon of flame. Today there are also bioethanol stove designs and remote control bio fires with automatic burners. When choosing a bio ethanol fireplace it is best to have a clear idea of the style and features you want to achieve. For example a freestanding ethanol fire model might also be portable and used in different places in the home. Fixed, built-in or wall mounted fires are part of a room design or style and may have a clean letterbox style or have a metal fascia. Some smaller models have a backing plate and glass screen giving a contemporary style while others have a fascia which can be in various finishes.
- Type of Bio Fuel : Bio ethanol fuel is different to gel fuel. Bio ethanol fuel is mostly supplied in bottles, is clear, and can be easily spilled like water. Gel burner fuel is mostly supplied in cans however some suppliers use bottles. Gel fuel is thick, like a syrup, sometimes yellow or green in colour. It is my personal opinion that the gel fuel should only be used outside in an outdoor bio fireplace or gel burner. This is due to the smoke that can be given off when the gel begins to run out. To find out more read our guide to the differences between bio ethanol fuel and gel fuel.
- Accessories : Some bio ethanol and gel fire models are offered with extra features like a glass screen which gives some level of protection from the flame. You can also choose models with stones and pebbles as decoration however if choosing this option the decoration must be used as instructed by the manufacturer. For more information read our guide to adding pebbles to a bio ethanol fire.
- Bio Ethanol Fire Safety : There are safety considerations like storage of the bioethanol fuel, protection from the flame and handling of the fuel to consider if you have never used this style of fireplace before. Always read the manufacturers instructions supplied with the fireplace before using the fire.
More types of Bio Ethanol and Gel Fires
We have collected together all of the different types of bioethanol fireplace and these can be found by using the links in the main menu. They pages are divided into how the fire will be used, how it is installed or on a specific design style. Also check out some of the most popular bioethanol fireplaces from our order history. You can see the full list of the different types of bio ethanol fireplace designs by using the top menu. In the main menu you can also see the numerous technical and guide pages we have created.
Why Change to a Bio Ethanol or Gel Fireplace?
There are number of positives to look at when considering your next fireplace purchase. Buying a Gas, Electric or Wood Burning fireplace from a retailer may involve complicated installation work that can be costly and, especially in the case of wood there are issues over storage of the fuel and the mess caused by the ash. Also, apart from the electric fire, a gas or wood burning fire will need a chimney, something that a lot of modern houses do not have.
Did you know that bioethanol flueless fire designs do not need a chimney or flue system to be used? This means they are perfect for new, modern homes. They are also a great solution for older homes that have a faulty chimney that needs to be repaired. Or you may be looking to block up or remove an existing chimney to reduce your heating bills. Either way, flueless bioethanol fireplaces are a great, cost effective heating solution for a room where secondary heat is required. They are also good for the environment, unlike burning gas or coal. That is why it is best to look at the options and guides that are shown on the website before making a decision on your next fireplace purchase. Choose a flueless fire, or if you like a, no chimney fire, that uses clean burning bioethanol fuel.